The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan; 400 pages, 2,733 total

The_Last_Olympian_coverWARNING:  THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS.  PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION!

This is the final book in the Percy Jackson series. In this fantasy novel, Percy and his friends must endure sacrifice, sorrow, and danger in order to defeat the evil Titan Kronos, who threatens to take over Mount Olympus and rule the world. This book is packed with adventure and emotion, and is a beautiful salute to the end of the series. The Last Olympian has an underlying theme that no matter what hardships come your way, love will always remain.

A good series usually starts out with an interesting book that grabs the reader’s attention.  At the end of the first book, the main character usually accomplishes a goal and everything seems right.  However, the books that come after the first reveal a more elaborate and sinister problem that the character faces throughout the series, and in the last book SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he or she faces the problem at its peak and most often come out victorious.  This is what happened in the Percy Jackson series, and I loved the ending of the story.  The last book was probably the most mature (not in a bad way, just the one with the most sadness and dying), and it had parts that made me laugh and parts that made me cry.  I enjoy it when I have emotional interaction with a book, because it makes the characters seem more real and gives the story a new meaning.  I would recommend The Last Olympian because it is a phenomenal ending to the series, it is full of excitement and emotion, and it is humorous as well as sorrowful.

One thought on “The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan; 400 pages, 2,733 total